Pigsty – otherwise known as the AUT Play, Interactivity & Games Lab – is a research lab devoted to supporting AUT play, interactivity and games related projects and connecting students and staff to industry partners, funding and research support for creative, commercial and humanitarian projects.
Pigsty is a part of the AUT Labs Network group. It currently exists ‘virtually’ across the Faculty of Design & Creative Technologies and is guided by a staff representative in each school in the faculty.
- Steffan Hooper – Computer & Mathematical SciencesSteffan teaches across all levels at AUT’s School of Computer and Mathematical Sciences including the third-year Game Programming paper where students get the opportunity to work in teams and implement their own game ideas.
- Britta Pollmuller – Art & DesignBritta lectures in animation, machinima and film studies, interaction and computational design, immersive and virtual reality and games art and design.
- Ben Kenobi – Creative TechnologiesBen Kenobi has a background in architecture and game design, and teaches in the Bachelor and Masters of Creative Technologies programmes at Colab.
- Abhishek Kala – CommunicationsLecturer in Digital Media at AUT School of Communications. Research interests include transmedia storytelling, gamification, and entertainment education.
- David White – EngineeringDavid is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and is a strong advocate of interdisciplinary research and has previously undertaken over twenty engineering design consultancy projects spanning many areas of expertise.